About Me

My photo
We're all on the same journey, yet on different paths. This is a place to come together to encourage one another, and to keep our eyes on the "prize."

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Our Place is Secure


Romans 8:29-31

V. 29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.

·      Foreknew – to choose beforehand
·      Predestined – to decide beforehand
·      Conformed – being alike
--> God knew ahead of time that I was going to be a believer…He foreknew it. But more than that, He CHOSE me beforehand…before I ever even knew Him, he chose me! He decided beforehand…while I was yet a sinner, that He wanted me to be conformed to be like Jesus. This is TRUTH for ALL Believers!
--> How am I conformed to the image of Jesus? Romans 12:2 – Renewing the mind. How do we renew the mind? HIS WORD.

V. 30 And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

·      Called – invite, summons
·      Justified – vindicate, declare righteous
·      Glorified – give praise, honor
--> So, when God’s timing came, because He’s chosen me beforehand, He invited me in. When I accepted, He declared me “right” again, just as if I’d never sinned ..He vindicated (cleared from blame) me of my sins. And through Him, I will find that praise and honor.

V. 31 What then, shall we say in response to this? If [Since] God is for us, who can be against us?

--> Or, “If God is for us, what are we so afraid of?


1 Peter 1: 1-2 – To God’s elect, strangers in the world, scattered throughout…who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, for obedience to Jesus Christ and sprinkling by his blood.

·      Sanctify – to set apart as holy, to make free from sin
--> I have been chosen beforehand – specifically selected – to be set apart as holy, made free from sin,  FOR THE PURPOSE of obedience to Jesus because of what He did on the cross for me.


Ephesians 1: 4-5 – For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love, he predestined us to be adopted as his sons [and daughters] through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will.

·      Chose – pick, select
·      Pleasure – goodwill, good purpose, favor, desire
·      Will - determination
--> Before the creation of the world…before Genesis 1:1…God selected us. He decided beforehand that He wanted us as His sons and daughters and He wants good things for us, just as we want good things for our own children.


Ephesians 1:11 – In Him we were also chosen having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will.
--> God knows EXACTLY where I am. As long as I keep my eyes on Jesus, HE is going to work everything out according to what He has already decided for my life. I am a mere mound of clay, willing to be molded.

--> And as I come to the close of this study, I can only come up with one response:

Hebrews 13:6 – “So [I] say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”



1 comment:

  1. What a GOD! What a LOVE! That 'LOVING GOD' is our FATHER! PRAISE THE LORD!

    ReplyDelete

Share Your View